Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Party at the lake....

If I were rich (wo)man, I would live on Gull Lake. Eidle deidle dum...... It is a moderately sized lake and is filled with multi million dollar homes owned by the big wigs of Western Michigan. I don't think many teachers live on this lake. There are also a fair amount of small homes but most are being bought up by rich people and renovated/torn down to make way for extravagant living. Today we got to go to Gull Lake for an end of the year church choir picnic. Everyone brought a dish to pass--I brought some spinach balls that were not healthy at all but they fell in the category of "appetizers" so I thought that the green spinach "look" was a nice touch for the health conscious people that were present. I then offset those babies with some throw-in-the-oven pizza rolls that had been in my freezer forever. And those were a heart attack waiting to happen! BTW, leftovers: Spinach Balls 4, Pizza Rolls 0. Hmmmm.....

The highlights of our outing were the chocolate sheet cake, the casual conversation, and the boat ride. The low lights were that the cottonwood trees were shedding a lot of cotton bits, the host's cat caught a baby cardinal while everyone just watched (I told everyone around me to just think of it as a "fluffy hamburger" and you wouldn't feel so bad), we all got a little sunburned, and Nate came back sporting some awesome giant bug bites on his legs.

But it was fun and memories were made. And everyone smiled a lot! Happy Sunday friends!

No comments: