Friday, June 20, 2008

The foamy part of me is lost.

A tragedy has happened in our family. (Besides the eyebrow tragedy.) Thursday night Stu and I went to Big Rapids and slept at a hotel so that we wouldn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to be on time to pick up the kids from camp.

Every time we spend the night away from home I get into a debate about whether I should take my two pillows along. I can not tell you how many times my entire night has been ruined because of crappy pillows. I like thin foamy pillows....hotels usually supply these big but very squishy pillows. If I do decide to use theirs, I usually wake up several times to "adjust" my pillow and it makes for a very sleep deprived night.

In order to ensure that I would be in a restful state for the big pick up day, I opted to take my fabulously comfortable pillows complete with two pretty blue pillow cases. Because no hotel I have ever stayed in has blue pillowcases and if I should stay multiple days in the same room, the maid will not mistake them for the hotel's pillows and try to mess with them. This easy packing step has always worked well until Fateful Friday Morning. In the hustle and bustle of the morning, I forgot to leave with my pillows. Somewhere they are sitting, very lonely for me; probably squished onto a shelf in a dark room with no heat. It is absolutely horrific for me to think about.

But wait!! Dry your tears of empathy!
I actually remembered that I forgot them as we left the camp so we were able to stop by the hotel and retrieve them....I call this the fairy tale ending. Here is the harsh reality:

After 20 minutes of "searching" for my pillows in room 251, no one could find them. The manager was nice about it and said he would mail them back to me in K'zoo. I am devastated...do you really think someone is going to actually mail me used pillows?

Anyway, I am blogging this while my head is resting on my replacement pillows. I already can tell that my neck is going to hurt in the morning. And the color of my pillowcases?....they are black because that is how you dress pillows up when you are experiencing death.


No comments: