Thursday, June 26, 2008

Helping a friend in need.

Big Mama, a favorite blogger that I regularly stalk, is hungry. She seems to have hit the summertime cooking wall. She would like some new recipes so I thought I would help her out. Since she lives in the south, I decided that I'd better stick with something that doesn't need the oven! After tapping my creative juices this morning I am coming up a bit short of ideas. So I will fall back on one of my most uncreative but can't fail recipes.....

Chicken Throw

1 Whole Chicken, washed
Salt/Pepper
Chicken Seasoning (or just use some Paprika and garlic powder)
1 Crockpot

Generously sprinkle seasoning all over chicken. Throw it in a cooking sprayed crockpot mid morning with 1/2 cup water or broth. Cook on high for 5-7 hours. You can stick a whole onion, stalk of celery and a carrot in its cavity if you are feeling rather fancy. The chicken will fall off the bone when it's ready. Heat up a jar of gravy and a tray of mashed potatoes and your family will eat like kings! And it won't taste or smell like grilled hamburgers or hotdogs! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's good to go back to the basics of cooking....thanks for sharing!

the lizness said...

sounds good - I'm coming right over :)

(here from BigMama's linky list)

Renna said...

My kind of dish, super simple! One question, though...how far back should I stand when I throw the chicken into the crockpot?

Every crowd has a smart-aleck, huh? ;-Þ

Off to check out the rest of Big Mama's Mr. Linky......

Jamie said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I tend to use my crockpot lots during the colder months, but now I'll be bringing out in the summer too.

Anonymous said...

That sounds great! Thanks so much for sharing I printed this off. I need to dust off the crock pot!