Thursday, June 19, 2008

I probably won't do this again

It is with great fear that I begin this post. More of the " judgemental fear" but I will try to be brave and continue.

Yesterday I went to my favorite hairdresser for my normal cut/color/highlight and eyebrow wax. (Trust me, I need a lot of help in the beauty department.) It was a typical appointment complete with idle chit chat and "catching up" from five weeks ago when I had last been in. Beth has always been quite conservative in her color and cutting choices for my hair. I am not really that picky since I know things will eventually grow out so I usually go along with her whims and everything is fine.

Yesterday she decided that I needed to go ahead and dye my eyebrows to match my hair. We had been talking about it for a few visits now and she kept reminding me that my eyebrows were turning a bit grayer....so I said yes. And took a big silent gulp. So 30 minutes after the eyebrows had "set", she brought me over to the rinsing station. Ladies, brace yourselves. Beth forgot to mention and I forgot to really think about the fact that she was going to have to "scrub" my eyebrows in order to get the dye off my skin. Dark brown with one part red off my skin. Well, I don't know about the rest of you but my eyebrow skin is very delicate and that scrubbing was the most horrific things I have felt in a long time. I clenched my teeth and put my survival face on and endured what felt like 10 minutes of scrubbing. BTW, the scrubbing was done with a towel and some "dye remover". So basically it was like feeling a dry towel smash against your face repeated times. It was probably similar to water boarding.

Today when I woke up, my face felt a bit peculiar in the eyebrow area. Since we are friends, I will share with you my horror:


The top part of my eyebrow is bruised and the
bottom part of my eyebrow is rug burned.

Oh the dear price we pay for beauty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh sad! I hope you show that girl your picture!! Once I went to have my leg waxed and I felt like punching the girl, I'm not even sure I let them do the other leg. :)