Thursday, May 8, 2008

Twice in less than a week!

I was in the paper again today! Celebrity status has struck twice! It seems that one of my senior students nominated me for a teaching excellence award! I received an invitation to a fancy dinner/reception that was to happen the same night as my concert. It was sad to have to miss this event because it's not everyday that you get such a high compliment for just teaching! Plus, it is only the top academic 2 percent of Kalamazoo County that participate in this event and to be quite honest with you, I am not sure when another REALLY smart student will come along so my chances are pretty slim that I will be so lucky again!

Anyway, I was so honored and humbled again all at the same time. 14 more days with my Seniors....I will miss them so much!

No comments: