Friday, May 23, 2008

Numbers


Today my life contained a lot of numbers. Here are a few that I would like to share with you:

$743.00....The amount that my "babysitter incident" is going to cost me. I think I will just hire people who drive American made junkers from now on because Volkswagons are a bit pricey for me! So much for that little "incentive" check that I haven't received from the government yet.

$67.23.... The amount I paid for a fill up at the gas station. It is my new all time high. I seem to be hitting new "records" every time I go to the station lately! Gas: $3.99 a gallon.

$30.00.... The amount that I wrote a check for to our High School Auto Tech Class to get my car detailed. I kept saying to people that my car was at the "spa" today. As I drove out of the school driveway, I put on my brakes and literally slid down my leather seats! It is VERY clean, shiny, and extremely slippery.

25...The number of chapter books that Madison has read in the last month. She has currently discovered "Pippi Longstocking". I was in 6th grade when Pippi became my idol! I remember going around asking people that had braids if they were a "Pippi fan too". Trust me, it sounded really cool at the time.

3.....The number of boys that I have signed up for choir next year. I have a lot of recruiting to do. 5 Senior boys graduate this year. Sadness. Oh, and did I mention that one of these 3 boys is actually moving to a new state and won't even be here in the fall?

2...The number of kisses (on the cheek because that is what cool fifth graders do), I got from my ten year old son when I got home today. Wow. What a man! And I didn't even ask for any!

1....The number of seniors that have so far requested to be in my car for the Cedar Point trip. And I couldn't be happier to have her ride shotgun. The rest of the car....who cares.... because we'll at least have a ton 'o fun!

0....The number of cat naps that I have been able to take this week. I am so glad it is the weekend!

No comments: