Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wow, a week goes by quickly

I can't believe a week has gone by since my last post!  Life got busy!  My sister came to town, I had my 2 week checkup appointment, and we have been living in a sauna!!  Wow, this heatwave can slow things down.

I feel great!  I am not really losing any weight right now but I am bringing my eating and drinking back online, my sugars are improving, and my potassium was tested yesterday and is up to 3.9!!  I don't remember ever being that high!  Anyway, major goal accomplished.

This week, I am beginning the exercise routine.  Lots of walking and a few weights right now are all I plan to start with.  I refuse to go out in this heat so the basement will become the gym for a few more days!

I am exhausted but it is a good kind of exhausted because I am able to stay awake (except for a small cat nap in the afternoons) and get a good amount of stuff done.  I got to see my nutritionist yesterday and I now get to eat all liquids AND things like cottage cheese, cream soups, mushy veggies, refried beans and puddings, crackers, and mashed potatoes.  I am working on eating 6 small meals (2-3 hours apart) and getting in 60 or more grams of protein.  It is a lot of eating!  But I am doing it and managing to get my 64 ounces of water in too!  Yay for surgery recovery.

Well, it's off to bed.  Tomorrow Stan gets to sleep in so I will sneak out and do some grocery shopping before the stores get busy.

Make it a great day!
Blessings,
Heidi

No comments: