Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A small snag

I am sorry that I haven't been writing very often.  I am sure that my 7 faithful followers have noticed.  Of course, only 2 of you comment....  :)


I am doing well.  My sugar was 118 this morning which made me really happy.  It has been a little high the last 2 weeks so I am hoping that it will keep trending down!




One week after the surgery, I hit a weight plateau.  A plateau is defined by doctors as a period of 2-4 weeks when no weight loss occurs and no change in diet has happened.  So, there I sat.  Every morning I weighed the same amount.  I was eating about 600 calories a day and was walking 2 miles and sometimes more.


It has been frustrating to say the least.  And a little scarey because thoughts that I had "broken" something inside were crossing my mind.  But today, I lost a pound.  FINALLY.  Now if tomorrow, I am back up a pound, you will probably not see good things in my next post.  I am going to learn how to draw tear drops on the screen or something.


A lot of people think that when you get the surgery, you just lose weight.  In reality, at least for me, I have to diet and exercise strictly.  The difference of before and after is that you actually do lose pounds.  So 2 weeks and one day is a long time to wait to lose one pound since the first 22 came off so easily!  


Bit by bit, persevering.  That is what I am called to do each day!

Stan is gone to a meeting for a few days so I am going to paint!  (He doesn't like the smell so I try not to do it when he is here).  Going with a nautical theme to our bedroom and bath.  Will go get the paint tomorrow!   I love projects that have beginnings and endings!


Make it a great day.
Blessings,
Heidi

5 comments:

Sal said...

Yay, you posted! Now I will be the third person to leave comments. I am very proud of you and you inspire me to exercise and stay on my diet...I am glad I got a little sis like you, getting "littler" each day.

Anonymous said...

I've been watching for another post. I've thought about you and prayed that you would persevere even though you hit a plateau. This must be very difficult, but I know you will be successful. Dad and I visited a new consignment shop today. I didn't see anything outstanding in clothes, but I didn't look too carefully, either. It's a high end shop, I'd say. They're fussy about what they accept. It's not just clothes. I found a frog pin - Fully Rely on God! LUV

Donna said...

I check and read each blog, haven't commented because never sure what to say. Please remember the James gang is praying and rooting for you. Donna

Chris said...

Heidi, I also read your blog and am inspired by your efforts, especially all the activity/exercise since your surgery was so recent. I know how plateaus are - they always derail me when it comes to going off a weight loss program (in my case calorie counting). Please don't let that happen to you! I am mostly silent, in the background, saying a prayer and watching your steps toward success!
Chris

Susan said...

I'm reading, too :) It's encouraging to read about your progress. I think I mentioned on FB that I'm slowly chipping away at the 40 accumulated pounds from pregnancies. It is maddeningly slow sometimes, isn't it? Keep posting! You can inspire me to say no to dessert while we're on vacation next week :)