Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cooking.

Today was a pretty good day.  I did succumb to a dose of pain killers last night and the pain subsided but the sleep was very sporadic.  I spent much of the day in a comatose state on the couch watching the Tiger's move into first place.

I did cook some food for the family.  Tonight they had meatloaf or baked chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy, pull apart rolls, squash, corn, and spinach.  They will now have leftovers to take them through the first part of this week!   I love to cook and during this journey, I have noticed that cooking is way more important than the actual consumption of food!  I sat at the table with them and drank my protein shake and tried to fit in.  It worked.  My family is so supportive of my decisions.  This really helps.

Today my stomach has felt much better.  The gurgling sound when water is swallowed is starting to become much less and the tummy is much less tender to touch.  Everyday is getting better.

Today was 20lbs down.  I have moved from a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 42 to 38.  I am proud.  Today I wore a shirt to church that I haven't worn since two Springs ago.  No one, except my family has really "noticed" a change but that is ok.  I will be ready when that starts to happen!

I am going to work up in my closet tonight.  I need to sort big clothes and smaller clothes.  And maybe even crack open a crate of clothes that I have kept for at least 10 years...because I liked them.  We'll see about the styles!

Make it a great Sunday.
Blessings,
Heidi

No comments: