Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Maddie and her first Email

Maddie has been bugging me for several weeks to get her "own" email account. Every time the subject would come up, I would make up some ridiculous excuse for not having time to create one because as we all well know, "it takes several hours to do this successfully".

After a few weeks of this, she called my bluff. Obviously she had been talking to her computer savvy friends and they told her it really wasn't that hard to do and "would only take your Mom a few seconds". So I gave in and created an account for her a few days ago so that she could be the dreamy penpal that she has always wanted to be. Her first "victim" was Grandma Kay because as she put it, "Grandma's have lots of time to write back". And when Madison wants penpals, she will always pick the one that she feels will not ever let her down. With Madison and Grandma Kay's permission, I present my eight year old's first email that she learned how to compose and send and address on her own!


Dear Gramma,
How are you? This is my first email I have ever written, so here goes nothing!
OK, so yesterday we (Nate, Britt, Nayt, Mom, and I) went to see a musical called Hello Dolly! at Mom's highschool. I'm writing this because it took place back some time ago and there were a lot of pretty dresses. And it was a great show. Make sure you read this because its not like the movie. It's all about a young women called Dolly Livi. She does most everything but her main purpose is dating. Her husband died so she is living alone. But soon she goes to Yonkers to help a rich young man to propose to a young widow. (Miss.Mallo) The young man is selfish and self centerd. But Dolly doesn't think so. Meanwhile the young man's employes (Corneilius and Barnabe) go to NY for a vacation and dolly does too. Miss Mollo, who works at NY, falls in love with Corneilius and her assistant Minne falls in love with Barnabe. So Dolly,(who likes the young man) introduces him to Earnesta Money. (HA,HA!) Who ovyously sounds(EARN US SOME MONEY!) quite nice to him. So Dolly tells him to get a table for two at the huming garden restraunt. OK, lets go back when Dollies old husband was alive. At that exact restraunt, she danced with him in dance competishions and always won. So of course they did a GIGANTIC most wonderful number in the show and Dolly has a GREAT voice which made it better all the more. The number was called Hello Dolly! That is why it is called that.So Miss. Money isn't all that great though. By the way, Miss. Molloi is there and you know who else. Well, I won't tell much but it didn't go to well and all got sent to court.
By now the young man knows after dancing with Dolly that she loves him. But he gets sent to jail. Dolly comes back and I remember their conversation completely: "Dolly,what do you want?""Well theres only one thing left to do." "Dolly Livi, if its for me to ask you to marry me, I won't do it.""Why I was not going to say that. I was going to say good bye.".......... Musical number............ About one week later at the young man's store and he's back from jail. He relizes how much he loves Dolly and she comes back. And they marry bla bla bla.So that's it. Hope it's warm in your town. Please write back.


Lots of love,
Maddie

And that is why I am glad I have my daughter. She never ceases to amaze me. And she always makes me laugh!

No comments: