Wednesday, April 9, 2008

DC Day One

Wow! What a great day in Wahington, DC! The weather started out very cold and I felt guilty for about two hours that my children were probably under dressed but my guilt was quickly turned into the "see-I-told-you-that-we-were-dressed-perfectly" attitude when the sun broke through the overcast skies! I forgot my camera cable (but I did find my camera!) so I can't upload any pictures until we get home on Friday.

In an attempt to save a lot of money ($300 per night), we decided to just get one room for the five of us. The room is "moderately luxurious", which in my book means that the carpet feels clean when you walk around barefoot, and the heat/air conditioning is controllable, and the TV works with the remote. But with any downtown hotel, the rooms are very small and somewhat cramped. So when you add a roll away bed and a mini fridge into the already crowded room and then top it off with 5 bodies, 5 suitcases, and 5 sets of shoes, you can create a bit of an obstacle course without much effort! In fact, every person who got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night ran into the table on the way back to bed! It has been like camping without the tent part!

This afternoon, we took a double decker bus tour around the city. These are always my favorite and I will share some pictures soon! We also visited the Kennedy Center, a few of the Smithsonian Museums, and Union Station. I will share more later but everyone is tired and it is now my "turn" to take a bath!

No comments: