Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chicago and Back in 14 hours

Wowser! Yesterday was really fun but I am tired because we didn't get back until early Sunday morning! We started out our adventure at 10:15 and needed to catch the 12:20 train to Chicago from Michigan City. I had never been on the South Shore Line so I was not familiar with the station or the surroundings so it took us a few extra minutes than the 1 1/2 hour allotted time! In fact, it took several conversations with complete strangers in order to find the "station". Several of my work colleagues had told me that "this was the way to go" because there were several trains running daily during the weekends and the Kalamazoo line only has 3 the entire day. With this new found knowledge in mind, I was fully expecting to see a grand station because my friends NEVER let me down! Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of this but here is what it looked like:


Okay, this is what I thought the station should look like in my mind! I
had to settle for the next picture in reality!





Yup, the one on the LEFT side of the picture is what we waited in!


Anyway, we boarded the train and set off for the "Windy City". It was fabulous fun. We had a one hour train ride ahead of us and quickly passed the time with Jotto (a word game) and constant conversation (that was quite hilarious at times).

We arrived with just a little less than an hour until the show started. I quickly was able to locate Cheryl via a cell phone and pick up our tickets! We had excellent seats about 6 rows back in the balcony. I couldn't take any pictures because they are forbidden in the auditorium.
The theatre itself was very ornate. Here's the lobby:


The show was so super-good. It was nice to be able to understand everything since the British accent was not present this time! I guess my favorite part was being able to just be there....sitting between two of my closest friends and breathing in the sights and sounds of a great memory in the making!

After the show, we bummed around the streets or Chicago, ate some dinner, missed the 6:00 train (oops) and walked all over the place after dinner. I liked just being able to relax and not have a purpose for a few hours!

So, the whole whirlwind of a Saturday was really wicked! Okay, I am now officially going to put that word away for a while now....right after I order a "Wicked" T shirt online!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm wicked jealous you got to see Wicked. I wicked want to see it. Sounds like a wicked good time!