Friday, April 25, 2008

It will be wicked fun!


Today I talked to Cheryl on the phone. She is a friend that I classify as a "lifer". She has been my friend since I was old enough to remember her, which dates back to 1975. We were penpals when I was finishing high school and she was going to Taylor. She lives on the east side of the state, teaches high school choir and although we don't see each other much, it never takes long to reconnect and pick up our friendship wherever we left off. Tomorrow she takes a bunch of choir kids to Chicago for a weekend of fun and entertainment.

I live about 2.5 hours from Chicago so when she offered free tickets to "Wicked" because she had a few people pay and then not be able to go, I jumped at the idea. I have seen the musical in London this past summer and absolutely loved it so I can't wait to go see it again and maybe even understand all of it because there won't be any thick English accents to navigate!

When I lived in Massachusetts, I quickly learned that the word "wicked" could be used in place of the word very. People would often say things like, "I am wicked hungry" or "I've got a wicked bad headache" or some even go to the extreme to just say "Wicked" when they think something is really awesome. So, this weekend I am wicked excited about "Wicked" because it will be wicked awesome!

No comments: