Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy 11th Nathan!


Today was a great day. Nathan finally turned 11! He celebrated the day by bowling a few rounds and then having his favorite meal of grilled burgers and then topped off the festivities by enjoying his favorite Pepperidge Farm German Chocolate Cake. Yum! (It's one of my favorites too!)

Here is why I like Nate so much! He chose to be frugal and spend the day with his family. He is really not the birthday party type. He would rather just play it low key and hope to rake in the gifts! Today I spent $16 on bowling and $3.39 on a birthday cake! I love this boy. Maybe next year we can just get the birthday cake and call it good.

Nate will start middle school in the fall. He hasn't talked much about it....I think avoidance of the subject is high on his list of priorities right now. I keep thinking how there will be a "divide" in our family during the school year...Madison and Dad will take the later waking time and Nate and Mom will be getting up before the roosters in order to catch a 6:50 bus! Nate has enjoyed being able to sleep in until 8:30 this summer so I think in September, this may be a real problem!

Tomorrow our entire family heads to Lapeer for a few days of relaxation and visiting with Sally, Thad, Josiah, Mom, Dad, and Uncle Jon. I found out I am cooking dinner which is always fun because I love crowds and I love massive amounts of food!

We have been under 3 consecutive thunderstorm warnings tonight with more on the way...it's a great way to end a birthday party! I just hope the power doesn't go out... at least I know where there are birthday cake candles!

2 comments:

melissa said...

Happy birthday to Nathan!!!!!

Pumita said...

Happy 11th Birthday, Nathan! I've been waiting all day for your mom's post to see how things went. I am so glad you had a nice day, and I'm so proud of you!
All the best!
Love,
Jennifer