Friday, July 25, 2008

Operation Madison

Yesterday was a big day! I started at 10a.m. with "Operation Madison". I walked into her room with one task at hand: I needed to install new blinds--her blinds were the six-dollar-2 month-quick-fix-paper-blinds-that-you-buy-at
Lowes-the-day-you-move-in-and-realize-the-whole
world-can-see-you-change-model. We moved in 3 summers ago. Let me restate that. I have lived in this house for about 1000 days and never saw a need to finish the job! The new blinds have been sitting in their box next to her bed for 2 years! I have tucked her in 1000 times and about 500 of those times I thought, "Oooooo, I should get to that job tomorrow." As I was fighting with the screwdriver this morning, I looked around from my stool and here is what I saw:















Dresser of doom.
THIS CLOSET WAS AWFUL!


And 9 hours and $60.00 later (some new storage cubicles), here is how it turned out.






Her comment was, "WOW! I have never seen the floor of my closet before. It is so lovely! Thanks Mom!"


Heidi

1 comment:

LindaSue said...

Very cute! Yes those "I'll get around to its" can plague us for so long - we built our house 8 years ago -never quite finished the master bathroom and now are designing a renovation and extension to the master suite! Good results for little money in Madison's room - perfect equation.