Sunday, July 6, 2008

A New Activity

Since I don't have enough to keep me busy this summer, I decided that it would "be fun" to do the musical directing for a local drama camp. A colleague's husband approached me in May about the idea and since I was borderline crazy in May, I gave it not a moment's thought and said "yes".

Tomorrow starts my dreaded two week commitment to boot camp drama camp. I have been asked not only to do the music (7 songs!) but also to be the emergency cell phone contact, make signs, work with some student musicians, and provide SNACKS for 25!

I am looking forward to the change and Madison will be part of the cast but the director is EXTREMELY creative and isn't into the small details. I will probably go crazy in the first 30 minutes so then all should be good for the rest of the week.

If you think about it, say a prayer....it could be a long 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Hey! That does sound like fun and I think you'll be amazing at it! I thought about applying to do that here at a high school. Plus, it's great our little drama queen will have her chance to get it all out onstage... ;)