Monday, July 14, 2008

Drama Camp Part 2

Today began another grueling week of Drama Camp. This time, instead of being at my auditorium, it is being held in South Haven. It is going to be another long week because besides working with 2nd-8th graders 8 hours a day, we have added a 1 hour commute onto each end of the day! So needless to say, I am exhausted and it is only day one!

As most of you know, I am a survivor/ thriver. I really try to make the best of every situation even if it isn't my favorite. I would say that Drama Camp has definitely brought out this coping technique. The room that I am working in this week is a very old tiny theater that smells of mothballs, contains run down furniture and amenities, and has very limited lighting. I am thankful for the air conditioning but it sounds as if a jet plane is hovering overhead when it is on so then I can't hear the kids singing!

The 21 students are very fun and I think the week will pass relatively quickly. I found a very dangerous but wonderful foofty chocolate shop a stone's throw away....things really started to look up after that discovery. I will try to remember to take my camera and snap some pictures so that you can get a first hand look at my "new house" for the week! See you tomorrow!

No comments: