Friday, August 5, 2011

A typical day.

It has been one month since my surgery.  I feel great!   I have logged about 25 miles of walking, painted 2 rooms, cooked countless meals, and gotten back into the swing of life.

Everyday brings choices for me now.  Since I haven't found any food yet that my body can't tolerate, I am busy trying new options.  Today I had a chunked up nectarine in my 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.  It was sooooo delicious.   Tonight for dinner I had a crab cake, 1 tablespoon of winter squash, and a few broccoli florets.  Everything tasted yummy!

On Friday I will go to GR for my 6 week check a few days early.  I am hoping that I will be able to add beef and pork to my list of "good" food.  I have had hamburger (in Wendy's chili) and have done fine with it so I don't forsee a problem. 

I am losing weight again!!  I have lost a total of 27 pounds!  I am trying to hold off on buying any clothes for school because I still have a month left! 


I step on the scale everyday.  I look forward to the little reward.  I am going to start to ween myself  off of this habit and maybe aim for 2 times a week.  And then actually record it only once a week!


One thing that my doctors office participates in is an online support program.  You are able to log your workouts, keep food diaries, keep track of your measurements, read little articles, etc.  I like the accountability that the site offers.  It helps me keep track of what I have had as far as protein goes each day...and it also reminds me to take my vitamins!  :)


Well, I have been told that the Pineapple Mango juice and the Mountain Dew are gone so I am off to the store.  Nathan can't survive 2 hours without these things!  


Pray for Maddie.  She isn't feeling too well tonight.
Make it a great day ahead.
Blessings,
Heidi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to read an update. I hope other people reading your blog get a sense of the really terrific person you are. Keep up the good work. When I read your blog I aim to cut out the "bad" things in my diet. But, it is so easy to succumb to the desire for chocolate and cheetos! Hope Maddie is feeling better. LUV