Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Never Ending Pasta Bowl



I have never been a giant eater.  Each summer, when Olive Garden, brings around the "Never Ending Pasta Bowl" offer,  I usually go at least once and shove down one bowl and then ask for a second bowl just so that I can take the contents home for another meal.  It's a great deal, after all.  You get TWO meals for $8.95!!  Hello???  Is anyone listening to that ridiculousness?  Umm...cook at home and you can get much more for your money.


A few days ago, the kids and I went to Olive Garden.  Although I am still never hungry and don't really have cravings, I know that I LOVE pasta (or I once did!).  I also knew that it would be ridiculous for me to ask for a 1/8 of a cup serving of each sauce/pasta combination that I would have liked to try.


Buffets and never ending pasta bowls are no longer "good deals".  And as I ponder that last sentence, I realize that they were never good deals...for the waistline at least!


Make it a great day!
Blessings,
Heidi



No comments: