Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lost and Found!!

I have been "finding" things lately.  I think it is a lot of fun to find things you have misplaced.  When I was painting the bedroom and bathroom, I had to move the bed.  It had probably been many years (not months) since I moved the bed so it was scary!  I knew I would find the dust, dirt, and grossness that accompanies no cleaning but I was not expecting to find the pair of glasses that I had "lost" on the Chicago trip that I took with my students back in April!  I had already replaced them with an exact replica so now I have a spare pair.  It was a good feeling to find them.


Today I was taking my daily walk around the neighborhood around 8 a.m. this morning.  It was very humid and it must have briefly rained sometime in the night given the sidewalks were not their usual color. About a mile into the walk, I stumbled upon a ten dollar bill on the sidewalk.  I have NEVER found money.  I have lost a lot of money in my lifetime but I have never found it.  So the real thinking began....there was not a soul around.  Should I pick it up?  It was wet which meant it had been there a while.  I looked around again.  Why didn't anyone pick this up?  Certainly other exercisers passed it.  Well, I picked it up.  And I smiled and decided that I was being paid to exercise today.  It was a great job!   


Had 3 meatballs in some tomato sauce at Noodles and Company today.  They agreed with me well.  So far Chicken, seafood, and beef are all winners for me!  I don't get cravings and I still don't have an appetite but I have been thinking about pizza lately.  I can't eat the bread but I think that there is a super thin crust pizza that I might be able to handle.  That might be a tomorrow activity!  Of course it will only be about 1/2 of a piece but it will be a start.  


Tonight we had salmon.  I don't really like salmon.  I tried to eat it but it didn't really go down all that well.  I think I will make myself a crab cake or shrimp next time the family wants salmon!  


Ok, enough talk about food.  Time to enjoy the rest of this Tiger's game from the comfort of my couch!  


Have a great day.  


Blessings,
Heidi

No comments: