Monday, March 9, 2009

Fit 4-50


The title of this post reflects the name of the Aerobics class I took today. I am not sure it if means you can take this class if you are between the ages of 4 and 50 or if it is a play on words and is geared towards the 50 year old person!

Whatever it means, it totally kicked my rumpus today! The lady that was leading the class was really good, inspirational, and challenging. She made the absolutely grueling 60 minutes class a lot of fun! I will go back on Wednesday.

I also want you to know that for the record, I HATE those yoga balls. They are too big for a 5 foot frame--even the little ones are too big. Since my arms are less than a foot long and my chest is large, it poses a bit of a problem when the instructor asks you to lean over the ball and touch the floor. My hands were about 3 inches away from that floor and it didn't matter how I shifted....the floor wasn't getting any closer. The final straw came when the nice instructor shouted out, "Ok, everyone, now that you are all comfortable on the ball, lift your left leg up high for leg lifts to the ceiling." I'm sure I had a panicked look on my face because she quickly gave me a modification!

Well, off to bed. I think I may lose a pound tonight. That would be encouraging!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Heidi, just so you know. I love your blog. I always laugh. Thanks for sharing. :)
Heather

Gerd said...

I found you! ^_^
I also thought up a new nickname for you in relation to your blog. "Pelkistosolese."
I think it works. :P