Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cleaning Clutter

It is embarrassing how long things have gone without being cleaned and organized. It never ceases to amaze me that when there is an "event" that is coming up at my house and it involves people hanging out in my living room for a long period of time, I am much more motivated to clean out the clutter that sometimes overtakes the corners of each room.

Tonight I tackled the eat in kitchen part of the kitchen. I started with a stand up pantry and moved my way around the room to each corner. I cleaned two bookshelves and then got to a basket that sits on the floor and holds my phonebook and various directories from church, school, etc. I noticed that it was getting a bit full of late so I went ahead and dumped out the contents onto the floor. Here is what I found:

1. One up to date phone book
2. A gardening magazine
3. Two different directories for Maddie's school friends
4. Two outdated church directories
5. One small packet of tissue covered with dust
6. Three outdated Schwan's flyers
7. My Favorite--A coupon for cereal that expired on 12/31/05

So, does that mean I haven't cleaned that out since I moved into this house 4 years ago??? Gross.

Well, I am off to tackle the next basket of junk. This one I have been dreading.

Heidi

1 comment:

The Duchess said...

I am looking at my apartment and thinking that if you get bored, you can come help with my clutter! Between work and school and everything else, this place is a mess! Maybe I should get off my computer and do something about it...