Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sam I Am. Part 2

Do you remember this day a few months back? Today, I hit the taste testing Bonanza at Sam's Club. I was going in for a beef roast and blackberries. I came out very full and I hadn't eaten the roast or the blackberries!

When I walked in the door, I showed my card, flashed the card checker an encouraging smile and ran smack into a table that was filled with sweet samples including cheesecake, pumpkin pie, chocolate chiffon cake and a puff pastry of some sort. I passed the table trying not to be tempted. They put all that stuff on one plate! It looked extremely good.

I rounded the first corner and BAM....I saw another table with shrimp and cocktail sauce. I took one of those because they are low fat, low calorie, and they were gigantic in size. They barely fit intp one of those little tester cups.

I made it halfway to the back of the store where the meat was and once again I was greeted with another sample. This time it was chicken spinach sausage. Those little samples were very good.

I finally reached the meat and low and behold, I found myself standing in a small line for the next gift. I figured that since there were 3-4 people ahead of me that the sample must be really special. Well, move over small tester cups; hello little plates! On my plate was a beef wellington puff pastry, a spinach quiche, and a bacon wrapped piece of filet mignon. Oh, and a cup of sparkling white grape juice to slosh it all down.

I finally arrived at the beef roast section and found a good selection of cuts. Everyone seemed to be flocking to another portion of the meat section close to the turkeys. I wondered what was over there? I pressed on towards the Blackberries.

Standing in my way of making anymore progress was the seafood lady. She was handing out samples of lobster stuffed ravioli. She didn't need to twist my arm much, Lobster can really get to me in a good way. I don't mean to be rude, but Sam's needs to invest in bigger testing cups and spoons. This ravioli was so big (about the size of half a note card) that the lady had to shove it into the cup and it just flopped all over the sides. Can we say "fat girl's heaven on earth?"

I finally reached the blackberries. It was a good moment in my life. The visit had already been filled with lovely samples, what more (besides fruit) did I need? I started my escape to the checkout lines. There was a sample line in front of me a mile long. I wasn't going to stand in this line. I did see a plate from that line though....it had a bacon wrapped scallop, cheese cake, chocolate lava cake, green bean casserole, and something very big and delicious looking. I think it was a crab cake. I was still full. So I kept walking.

When I reached the checkout line, I was surprised to be able to walk right up and check out. It had been a really awesome day at Sam's Club.

Later peeps,
Heidi

1 comment:

The Duchess said...

I am expecting a phone call the next time you are on your way to Sam's Club. I WAS really excited about my tomato soup with goldfish until I read your post.