Friday, November 14, 2008

Word Smittin

Nathan's Language Arts teacher is very creative. My son is not one that especially likes to creatively write. This year, though, he loves his teacher and has started to love writing! A few weeks back Mrs. H baked a cake and brought it in to English class to celebrate a "Going Away" party. The students were a bit confused at first because they had no members that were leaving or moving away. During this party, the class said goodbye to the following words: got, getting, get, and a lot.

I have noticed that new words are replacing these "vacationing" words now in Nate's everyday speaking. Here are some things I have actually heard from him in the last week!

1. I would like to go to Meijer and obtain a plethora of food to eat.
2. I am in possession of my favorite cereal.
3. I have a myriad of games to try online tonight.
4. I have a super abundance of homework to complete since I was sick.
5. There is a vast array of things I'd like to play with tonight including my Legos.

He also used "gaggle" and "cornucopia" but those sentences were too bizarre to remember!
I hope this continues. It is fun to watch him think before he speaks!

Happy Friday.
Heidi


No comments: