Thursday, November 13, 2008

Just a quick tidbit

On my way out the door tonight, I told both children that I expected them to empty the garbage from all the rooms in the entire house. When I arrived 3 hours laters, the job hadn't been done. They said they "forgot".

I turned the TV off that they were watching and told them to immediately go and do the job. It had gotten to be quite late so I said, "and since you didn't do what I asked you to do when you were asked, I am going to have to punish you." I proceeded to tell them that they were to go upstairs and get into bed with absolutely no silent reading tonight.

Madison put up a huge fuss and said, "Mom, this is the meanest punishment you have ever given to us. I can't believe that you don't think this is child cruelty".

I laughed silently and left her room. I love my kids!

Blessings,
Heidi

1 comment:

melissa said...

She's so cute when she's mad! At least you know how much they love reading. :) How do I get such great kids like you did? I have about five years to figure it out...