Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Ladies Choir

I don't know if I have mentioned this too much but I direct a community ladies group once a week comprising of 63 ladies who love to sing! They gather at a local school in order to sing, fellowship, and learn a little music along the way.

I really love the job. It is a chance to share my love of teaching vocal music in a non school environment. I don't take attendance, I don't have to listen to the morning announcements, and I don't have to be my own piano player! It is an absolutely fabulous experience.

As I get to know these ladies better, I have started to share a few personal stories with them. I opened up to them last night and started the rehearsal by apologizing for my somewhat abrupt and irritated mood because it was the "first day of cutting down my food intake". I was really surprised at how quiet things got when I shared. At the end of my "diet speech", a rather large woman said in a very serious voice, "Heidi, I don't want you to feel bad about being on a diet....I am currently on three of them." The group was still very quiet and looked at her in shock and amazement. She then said, "One diet wasn't enough food so I upped it to three".

It was REALLY funny and did that group ever roar!

Blessings for a fat free healthy week!
Heidi




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A priceless moment