Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Apples

I love Macintosh! I love the apple named that but I really love the apple computer store more. Since we are vacationing in Rochester, NY and there happens to be an apple store in the mall about 10 miles away, I conveniently made an appointment to see a "Mac Genius" today at 1:00. For you non Macintosh readers, let me do a little bit of educating so you know what I am talking about!

Anytime that you buy any kind of Macintosh hardware weather it be an ipod shuffle or a top of the line computer, you get special "Genius" privileges. It means that you can go into any Apple store in America and get software or hardware assistance FOR FREE. So if your ipod stops working, you go in and they will fix it or sometimes even give you a new one--FOR FREE. Sometimes, your computer gets a little sick and needs some special medicine that only Genius people have. So you take your computer in and it gets "all better" FOR FREE. Once, my white top part of my Macbook got really dirty looking and they replaced it FOR FREE. It was a happy day.

A few weeks before Christmas, I noticed that my Macbook was starting to chip on the top white part where you'd put your palms right on top of the hard drive unit. This made me extremely nervous because I have dropped my Macbook and had to replace my hard drive. It was under warranty and guess what? They replaced it FOR FREE! Anyway, back to my present matter at hand. Today I walked into the Apple Store and wanted a Genius to look at my "chipping" problem. I knew I was going to have to pay this time because my computer is no longer under warranty. Sadness. I had booked a 1:00 appointment online the day before online and promptly at 1:03, I was staring into the beautiful blue eyes of John, my genius. He took one look at my problem, shut my computer down, popped out the battery in the back, and scanned my special barcode. He typed in some important (I guess) stuff into his little Macbook and said after a few minutes, "We can fix it today, would you have an hour of shopping to do while you wait". To which I replied, "Why certainly, I would be happy to waste an hour in your lovely mall". So there you have it.

About 45 minutes later, I had my new laptop in my hands. And my receipt. And guess what? It was once again all done FOR FREE. I not only have a new top but I have a new keyboard as well. It looks almost brand new. I don't know why it was free. I got a receipt that said the repair would have cost me $224.06. But I didn't pay anything. It is truly a marvelous day because once again, I have a new laptop!

I bought a new Scrabble game to celebrate!

Later,
Heidi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scrabble is always a good way to celebrate.