Monday, December 22, 2008

My few loyal followers

I finally looked at my blog today. 6 other people did too. They are my faithful friends. I can see the location using my nifty sitemeter so I sort of know who they are.

I have been buried this week. Buried by present wrapping, cookie baking, a cold, more present wrapping, and most of all SNOW! Lots of snow. After the plow finally came through today, it was piled up to the opening of the mailbox! We have had 55 inches of snow so far and winter only started yesterday!

The kids love it. They are into building snow forts and snowmen and having/preparing for big snowball fights. They love to hang out on the hill at the end of our driveway. They call it "the giant snow hill". It is really cool!

Tomorrow we have our 3rd storm coming through the area. It is supposed to dump 5-10 inches more on us. I am not sure where it will all go! As I look outside into the other neighbor's yards, the new snow is so pretty....totally undisturbed and perfect in its placement. I then look in our own front yard and our snow is all stomped down with a stray sled or shovel strewn across the lawn. Millions of little footprints fill up the whole landscape. Our snow isn't perfect at all. In fact it is downright ugly! And do you know what? I wouldn't want it any other way! I like having the neighborhood come over and play! And I am glad we live in Michigan so that the kids can have so much fun!

I'll take a picture next time they are on the "giant hill". It will be a great memory.

Make it a great day!
Heidi


No comments: