Thursday, August 21, 2008

Priorities

Sometimes I wonder why I always run out of time at the end of the day to blog. The last two weeks have been interesting to say the least. I like to write things in my blog that deal with gratitude or happiness. My life hasn't lacked these things lately, but I have started to realize that my time management leaves a bit to be desired. (Wow, this paragraph really doesn't work that well as I re-read it--sorry!)

Things that I have done in the past two weeks:
1. I found my camera.

2. I traveled to Syracuse, NY on an overnight train (!!) and visited Stu's family for 5 days.

3. I took lots of pictures and even brought along my camera cable so that I could upload and post happy pictures.

4. I ran out of time to post and ended up misplacing my cable when I got home from vacation. (UGH!)

4 1/2. I made my 4th (or 5th?) trip to Lapeer in the last 10 weeks. Whenever I get to my parents, I just want to sleep. Maybe it's because I know that my kids are having a better time when I don't get involved.

5. I spent 6 full days at school prepping for the year and catching up on auditorium jobs.

7. I canned 17 quarts of peaches! (I have pictures but I still can't find my cable!)

8. I read almost 3,000 pages of novels this summer.

9. I watched my dad compete in a four mile race. And he finished 3rd in his age bracket. I am very proud of his quest for physical fitness.

Things that I have not done in the past 2 weeks:
1. I haven't started my workout routine. I bought new tennis shoes so I have to be getting close. And they are CUTE. Actually, I worked out once and decided that I was too out of shape to continue.... :)

2. I haven't really cooked very much. We have discovered "Blueberry Muffin Mini Wheats". They are the supreme food of choice around here!

3. I haven't blogged much (and I missed it!)

4. I haven't thoroughly cleaned the house....in 2 weeks. Gross.

I think I need to work on these 4 things at the bottom.

How hard can it really be?

Until next time,

No comments: