Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Personal Days

I took a personal day today. I decided that I needed a break from my students before I spent massive amounts of time with them touring Chicago on a chartered bus on Friday.

I have lost track of how many times the following scenario has happened to me. I decide to take a day off. I walk around feeling guilty for days. I then come to my senses, realize that I am only human and I fill out the sub form. I write out my lesson plans and leave them with the secretary the night before. After the children have gone to sleep for the night, I get around to telling my husband. And I specifically say, "Please don't tell the children". In the morning, I am awakened by a sick child. And my personal day becomes a mother/child sick day.

Nathan was home ill today. How utterly predictable.

No comments: